Friday, May 11, 2007

Google Earth

I have explored Google Earth in the past, as my own children have shared tours and explorations with me. For this assignment, I decided to look at my hometown and various other towns that I have lived in. I also searched out famous places like Stone Henge and the Eiffel Tower. Once this assignment was given to us, I searched where I was born, Johnson City, New York, and then searched Pleasantville, New York, which is where I live now AND is one of my favorite places. I found out that these two places are 182 miles apart, and would take roughly 3 hours and 12 minutes to drive. While exploring, I also found the Route 66 Tour and followed along the trail for a bit.

When trying to use the Google Touring, I got very frustrated. I spent some real time in Alaska two years ago, and I decided to Google Tour the area. I began to put placemarks on the certain sites that I had been to, and I got confused. It seemed that my placemrks had moved. I got quite frustrated and vowed to try again.

2 comments:

Roe said...

I've also used Google Earth and Google Maps before, both at home and at school. My students are really intersted in geography so I try to take some time every week to go on and explore with them. It's a great supplement to our daily geography questions!

BC said...

I get confused about google touring, too. It comes with the territory, I guess. Technologies require practice and support.