Monday, April 23, 2007

I Support Hillary Clinton!

I selected Hillary Clinton for this assignment. I looked at her webpage, blog, Facebook, Myspace, Youtube, and Flickr. There is so much to learn on these sites. A teacher could use these sites to teach government, politics, current events, geography and so much more. I believe that the candidates have to be careful and make sure that their sites are kept up to date. They also need to have great visual appeal. Due to these new avenues, I think there is a greater chance of having more younger voters in this election.

2 comments:

Roe said...

I also did Hilary Clint for this assinment. At first I didn't even know that she had so many pages on sites like MySpace and Facebook. I think its reat because she is eaching so many young people here.

BC said...

Young people voted in greater numbers in 2004 compared to recent elections. According to The Youth Vote 2004, Youth voting increased by 11% in 2004 (http://www.civicyouth.org/quick/youth_voting.htm). Young people seem to be more engaged with new media, like YouTube and MySpace and less engaged with old media, like network tv. But this number is interesting. Nielsen/Netratings found that 55% of YouTube users were between the ages of 35 to 64. Candidates aren't just looking for the youth vote when they go to YouTube.