Thursday, April 26, 2007

Website Review

I found it very difficult to choose a website to review. Many of the sites that I tend to use, didn't review well. I chose Social Studies for Kids because it seemed appropriate for my fourth-grade students. The site didn't take long to load and the pictures were appealing and indicated exactly what could be found when choosing the link. The reading level was appropriate for my students and the interest level was high. I was disappointed that there were ads on the site. Some of my students would be distracted or confused by these ads. The site is easy to navigate and student-friendly. As I looked for the items that my students and I would use, I was pleased with the information, its presentation, and the links to further this research.

www.socialstudiesforkids.org

No comments: