Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sony Wonder Technology Lab


What a great museum! My husband, son, and I had a wonderful time. The gadgets, buttons, etc. made learning fun, like playing a game. I feel that our schools need more learning games. All of the new technologies out there make these games and fun learning possible. Students can learn the names of 150 Pokemon characters, and what they change into, but have troubles memorizing their multiplication tables. When given an opportunity to work on the computer, they always think it is fun. It also puts the student in the driver's seat. They are in control of their own learning. The Lab gave the visitor the chance to work with music, art, robotics, earth science, television, games, movies and more. It was all entertaining and more of this technology should be in the schools.

1 comment:

mtromblee said...

I think the museum was great; however, in terms of supporing learning in a social studies classroom I would only reccommend the display that focused on assisting in a natural disasters. The museum was more geared toward a science classroom; however, as I said before, excellent museum.